Summer Program in Engineering Technologies for Energy Transition
Monday, May 27th (arrival) – Friday, June 14th
Why choose this program?
Located on Icam’s Vannes campus in the amazing setting of the Morbihan Gulf, this course combines theoretical concepts and technical skills with a focus on energy transition and sustainability. Students complete the program with the design and creation of a complex technological solution.
- Applied engineering approach with a multidisciplinary advantage: Materials science – Thermal Transfer – IoT (40 hrs of contact teaching)
- Technical engineering group project in our Fablab (maker lab) (40 hours of lab and team work)
- French Language and Culture (10 hrs of contact teaching)
This summer program will challenge you to develop your awareness of and reflect on crucial issues for future scientists and engineers.
Putting theory to practice is a defining feature of Icam’s teaching approach. Designed to explore the challenges of today’s complex issues such as climate change, energy transition, and sustainability, you will have the opportunity to apply technical skills and imagine creative solutions.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding in materials science, thermal dynamics and IoT, as well as project management and team working skills.
You will also be invited to take a step back and reflect on our current way of living, the trends in industrial production, consumption and the care we bring to our common home, our planet, with its limited resources.
- Icam’s holistic focus on both hard and soft skills, leading to an optimal learning environment
- Problem-Based Learning to acquire knowledge and apply new skills in core areas of engineering
- Project management and intercultural communication skills. In a global warming context,
identify the materials and heat transfer parameters, using an IoT system
- Cultural awareness and language skills through lessons and new friendships with French
students, as well as participants from other countries
- Visits to prominent local companies and renewable energy plants that are actively changing
the face of engineering
- Opportunities to meet French Icam students; weekend outings or dinners hosted by French
- The Gulf of Morbihan provides an ideal backdrop to try out various water sports like kayaking,
paddle boarding, sailing, and more during your free time
- Free weekends to explore the region and France with your friends at your own pace
Icam Bretagne Campus, in the city of Vannes
English with French language classes