Master’s level Academic Year – Full Time
Program at a glance
This year-long program is designed to expose the future engineer to the various engineering domains critical in today’s complex interrelated environment, while experiencing French culture.
Technical training in Mechanical & Electrical engineering, Digital automation, are supplemented by subjects and projects in Industrial Management, Entrepreneurship and Social Sciences, equipping the student with skills needed for future decision-makers and leaders. Representatives from the industry also participate in some modules, ensuring a practical and applied notion of various concepts.
This option is Option 2 in the options below. Depending on their professional and academic goals, students may choose to participate in one of the following:
- Option 1a: Master’s Level Academic Semester – Fall
- Option 1b: Master’s Level Academic Semester – Spring
- Option 2: Master’s Level Academic Year (combination of Options 1a and 1b)
- Option 3: Master’s Level Scientific and Technical Research Semester (Fall or Spring Semester)
- Option 4: Icam General Engineering Dual Degree – 4 semesters, with 2 Academic Semesters + Research Semester + Internship (Option 2 + Option 3 + Internship)
Why choose this program?
Icam strongly believes that today’s increasingly complex and interconnected world needs engineers capable of seeing the bigger picture. A year at Icam can give you this helicopter view on the other fields of engineering that you might have had previous limited exposure to, as well as additional management training. You can also take advantage of the following experiences:
- You start off the school year by acquiring exposure to multidisciplinary engineering and technology domains, completemented by management and humanities training.
- The second semester is a professionalization semester on your desired concentration areas, where courses are taught by experts from specialized companies. Case studies and projects are taken from real technological and industrial problems.
- Thanks to the different locations and concentration areas specific to each campus in France, you can choose where to study by preferred region, courses, or language of instruction.
TIP: Are you a student of one of Icam’s academic partners? Make the most of your time in France and go for a double degree in General Engineering!
By staying an additional year in Icam to do your thesis and perform an internship with a French company, you can acquire Icam’s Master in General Engineering diploma. Find out more about the complete program here.
- A balanced dosage of the different academic and applied fields:
- Multidisciplinary competencies in engineering and technology
- Management Training
- Management training with emphasis on the decision making
- You will be exposed to industry practices and realities on your chosen field of concentration, especially during the professionalization semester.
- Includes an exciting 12-week Entrepreneurship project where you can get a personalized coaching by a French entrepreneurial coach
Icam Pedagogical approach
This master’s level program calls on an interdisciplinary approach to solving problems thanks to the engineering and technical core courses that make up the undergraduate program.
For example, the business development project requires to combine skills in pluritechnological areas, project management as well as business creation abilities.
Students may enrol in an academic semester at one of Icam’s campuses in France: Lille, Paris, Nantes or Toulouse.
The program is in French, although students may choose to start the year with the Academic Fall Semester offered in English in the Icam Toulouse campus.
A B1 level in English is recommended for Toulouse’s full English track. A B1 level is recommended for the French track.