Master’s Thesis Semester at Icam
The master thesis semester (Fall or Spring shown in orange below) is part of a 4-semester course allowing students to choose to study at Icam for different durations, from 1 to 4 semesters*.
* Depending on their professional and academic goals, students may choose to participate in one or all of the following options:
- Option 1a: Master’s Level Academic Semester – Fall Semester
- Option 1b: Master’s Level Academic Semester – Spring Semester
- Option 2: Master’s Level Academic Year (combination of Options 1a and 1b – Academic Fall and Spring Semesters shown above)
- Option 3: Master’s Level Scientific and Technical Research Semester (Fall or Spring Semester)
- Option 4: Icam General Engineering Dual Degree – 4 semesters, with 2 Academic Semesters + Research Semester + Internship (Option 2 + Option 3 + Internship)
You have the option to choose from 2 forms of research shown below. The research work in both cases is highly experiential and professionalized, allowing you to interact with representatives of companies or research laboratories directly.
1. Master Thesis of Engineering
The Master Thesis of Engineering is a research project performed in conjunction with one of Icam’s industry partners. You will work directly on a pre-identified problem situation in the company’s domain and will be working directly with company representatives.
2. Master Thesis of Science
The Master Thesis of Science is a scientific research project performed with one of Icam’s research laboratory partners. This can serve as your springboard for a PHD further on in your career.