Master Thesis of Science
Program at a glance
Why choose this program?
- You will experience academic research work in a research laboratory – The project is entrusted to Icam by a research center or as part of a collaborative research project (EU-wide, inter-continent, etc.) and carried out by teams of students-researchers.
- You will acquire real expertise in a scientific field while mastering a rigorous scientific approach.
- You may discern and prepare a future as a Researcher: The Master Thesis of Science is a springboard to the PhD.
The topics are normally for master-level thesis work, but can also be adapted for students working on their bachelor-level thesis.
TIP: Make the most of your time in France and stay for 2 years and get an Icam general engineering diploma! Invest a whole year at Icam with the first semester taught in English of French, and a second Master’s level concentration semester at one of the 4 possible locations. Top this off with a second year of R&D and an internship. It will let you truly experience French culture, gain valuable foreign language skills and be exposed to French companies.
- 18-week full-time research work defined within the framework of a contract with a Research center.
- You will tackle a problem with real scientific issue, while using a rigorous scientific method.
- You will work in a stimulating environment with colleagues and researchers in multi-disciplinary domains, and will work with another student as a direct research partner.
- You will benefit from a support according to Icam’s Decision-Making approach.
In the laboratories of one of the 4 Icam campuses in France (Lille, Paris-Sénart, Nantes, Toulouse) according to their research themes.
A mix English / French both for oral communication and written documents and resources. Working alongside a French-speaking colleague will make it possible for you to pick up French quickly.
Icam ensures that all the resources required for project success are within reach.
- Icam experts and researchers
- Proven methodological supports
- Documentary base of numerous previous studies
- Cutting-edge tools
- CAD, modelling and calculations (design)
- workflow modelling
- plastic recycling (injection, extrusion, 3D printing)
- measuring equipment (material characterization, NDT, etc.)
- electronics and connected objects
- custom-made test benches
- assembly – prototyping