Icam was founded in 1898 when the brothers-in-law Mr. Féron and Mr. Vrau decided to set up an engineering school in Lille with the help of the Jesuit community.
A few years later, the French state appealed to institutions to help increase the number of trained engineers to help answer societal and economic needs of the country. In their desire to answer this calling while maintaining human-sized student batches, the Jesuits decided to open other campuses in France. As such, an Icam campus was founded Toulouse in 1993.
The number of students on site, and accordingly, the number of faculty and collaborators needed to train them, have steadily increased since the creation of Icam Toulouse. This growth has resulted to a fully-renovated campus, with various new buildings which provide space for the campus’ evolving needs.
The Icam Toulouse campus is a member of Toulouse Tech, a group of engineering and scientific schools, within the Federal University of Toulouse Midi Pyrénées.