To fulfil your needs, we are able to associate our skills with the departments of Electrical Engineering, Design & Manufacturing, Material Science, Computer Science, and Fluid Mechanics.
The complementary nature of the different departments allows us to work with a wide range of industries such as : Space and Aeronautics, Automotive, Railway, Food Processing and so on…
- Teaching (1500h / year) on each campus.
- R&D : 30 projects / year.
- Structural Analysis and Simulation.
- Tests and Measurements.
- Development of Software Tools for Engineering and Design Departments.
- Support to SME’s
- Training Sessions
Structural Analysis & Simulation
- Experimental and theoretical investigations into the strength and stiffness of structural parts in aircraft : tension-fittings, riveted lap-joints, beam columns, stiffened panels
- Computations and Optimization of Contact Force Distribution in an Aircraft Ball-Screw Assembly
- Vibro-acoustic Computations on Satellite Solar Array (pre-stressed Thin Film Technology)
- Pyrotechnic Shock Response Prediction in Spacecraft Structure
- Simulation of Pipe Bending and Drawing Processes (Plasticity)
- Crashworthiness Study of a Lightweight Aluminium Automotive Structure
- Dynamic Analyses of Aerospace Equipment
- Finite Element Model Updating of a Spacecraft Antenna Reflector in Dynamics
- Finite Element Modelling of Scientific Balloons : non linear materials (creeping) and large displacements
Studies & Aid to Mechanical Design
- State-of-the-Art Fatigue Analysis / Damage Tolerance Methods and Material Data
- Performing Design for Shock Absorption Optimization
- Design and Manufacturing of a Machine for Inertia Measurements of Aerospace Equipment
- Design Optimization of an Automotive Cooler
- Design and Manufacturing of a Slip Clutch Pedagogic Bench
Tests & Measurements
- Dynamic Behaviour of Structures : electro-dynamic shakers, accelerometers, impact hammer and FFT analyser
- Compression and Tensile Tests (load : up to 2000 kN)
- Thermal Chamber : temperature range [-150 °C, +350 °C]
- Sensors : strain gauges, load, displacement, rotation, torque
Development of Software Tools for Engineering and Design Departments
- Matlab Tool for Sizing of Helicopter Rotors : Natural Frequency and Drag Damper
- Material Acoustic Impedance Computation at Oblique Incidence
- Software for Sizing : silo unloaders, gear box
- Pre-Sizing Tool for Plastic Beams with Ribs
- Design and Sizing Tool for Hydraulic Jack
- Specific training adapted to the trainees level and company needs : Strength of Materials, Finite Element Method, Mechanical Behaviour of Materials : fatigue, failure, plasticity,…
- Testing Machines : tension-compression from 500 to 2000 kN, 3 and 4 points flexure, etc.
- Data Acquisition System : Strain gages, displacement sensors, load transducers, pressure, temperature, hygrometry sensors etc.
- Analysers for Vibrations and Acoustic : modal and transient analysis, acoustic intensity measurer, etc.
- Thermal Chamber – temperature range : [-150 °C, +350 °C]
- Non destructive inspection tools : Infrared camera, Ultrasonic and Acoustic emission devices.
- Simulation Software : Msc-Nastran, Msc-Marc, Msc-Dytran, Fluent, Star CD, Marc-Mentat, Catia v5, Abaqus, Msc-Adams, Astryd
- Complementary tools : Matlab, Scilab, Fortran.
- CAD Software : ProE, SolidWorks, Catia v5
- Orchestra data acquisition front-end with 4-channel input for Acoustic and Vibrations.
- FFT Analyser (Scientific Atlanta) for Modal and Transient Analysis of Structures.
- Electro-dynamic Shaker (98 N et 18 N) and accelerometers.
- Acoustic Intensity Measurer and Real-Time Analyser (1/3 octave).
- Extensometry Sets and Strain Gauges (up to 60 channels), Photo-Elasticimetry.