The 3 main areas of research at Icam
1 – Energy production, storage and management
Research projects related to this area revolve around the six themes:
- High multilevel power converters
- Thermal management of electronic systems
- Micro Grid
- Characterization of by-products and development of their energy recovery processes
- Thermal energy efficiency of industrial processes
It includes work on the uses of hydrogen, offshore energy production, hybrid control systems, etc.
This research aims to imagine efficient solutions around sustainable and clean energies, for industrial production, transport, housing or energy distribution.
2 – Innovative structures and materials
Research projects related to this area revolve around 5 themes:
- Eco-materials & Recycling
- Structures and Couplings
- Additive Layer Manufacturing
- Measurements & Controls
The researchers are working here to design materials with innovative properties: shock resistance, solidity, elasticity… With, always, human and ecological interest in the line of sight.
The “low-tech” dimension is also a preferred track with, for example, the development of composite materials based on renewable natural fibres,in order to cross ecology and remarkable technical properties, opening up new variations in the industry.
3 – Societal and technological transition of companies
Research projects related to this area revolve around two main themes:
- Industrie 4.0
- Sustainable industry 4.0
- Logistics 4.0
- IoT engineering
- IoT and Cloud Based Microgrid
- Agricultural Robotics and Intelligent Engine
- Human and Robot Interaction
- Etics Techno & Gouv
- Ethics & Gouvernance of Technologies
- Environmental & Social Transitions
- Work management and Team cohesion
The projects aim not only to imagine innovative solutions for the industrial production of tomorrow, but also to bring rich and constructive elements to the place of man in this industry 4.0.