The creation of the Icam dates back to 1898 with the brothers-in-law Mr. Féron and Mr. Vrau who decided to set up an engineering school. They enlisted the help of the Jesuit community to found this project in Lille. A few years later, the state appealed to schools to increase the number of trained engineers. To keep promotions on a human scale, the Jesuits decided to open other schools in France. Thus they opened several sites including the Icam site in Toulouse in 1993.
The number of students on the site and collaborators present to train them has increased considerably since the creation of the site. So a substantial real estate project was signed to renovate the site and thus have new buildings.
The Icam site in Toulouse is a member of Toulouse Tech, a group of engineering and scientific schools, within the Federal University of Toulouse Midi Pyrénées.